2008, Faculty of Electronic Engineering in Niš
2008, Faculty of Electronic Engineering in Niš
2012, Faculty of Electronic Engineering in Niš
Milan Savic was born in 1984. in Vranje.
He enrolled at the Faculty of Electronic Engineering in Nis in 2003. He graduated in 2008. in the field of computer science with GPA 9.24/10.00. At the end of the first year of studies, he received a commendation from the Faculty of Electronic Engineering for the achieved results and an average grade above 9.00. Upon completion of his studies, he received a commendation from the Faculty of Electronic Engineering for the exceptional results achieved during his studies. On 27.12.2012. he defended his doctoral dissertation entitled "Design of quantizers based on the approximation of the distribution of a discrete source and applications in algorithms for image compression" at the Faculty of Electronic Engineering in Nis.
Since 2012, he has been employed at the Mathematical Institute of Serbian Academy of Science and Arts (SANU) in Belgrade, where he was promoted to a research assistant professor for the field of computer science. In 2015, he was promoted to an assistant professor, and in 2019. he was promoted to an associate professor in the field of computer science at the Faculty of Sciences and Mathematics, University of Pristina with temporary headquarters in Kosovska Mitrovica where he holds courses in the field of Software engineering, Internet technologies, Databases, Object oriented programming, Higher programming languages, Algorithms and data structures.
He has published 32 scientific papers, of which 18 in peer-reviewed international journals from the SCI list. In 2015, his paper was published in the top international journal Expert Systems with Applications, which was the mostly cited that year in the field of Artificial Intelligence according to Google Scholar.
Department of Informatics
Mail address: email@example.com
1. Zoran Perić, Nikola Simić, Milan Savić. “Analysis and Design of Two Stage Mismatch Quantizer for Laplacian Source”, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 49-53, 2015, ISSN: 1392-1215 (M23). http://www.eejournal.ktu.lt/index.php/elt/article/view/10380/6865
2. Milan Savic, Zoran Peric, Nikola Simic. “Coding algorithm for grayscale images based on Linear Prediction and dual mode quantization”, Expert systems with Applications, Vol. 42. Issue 21, pp. 7285-7291, 2015, ISSN: 0957-4147 (M21). http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0957417415003735
3. Nikola Simic, Zoran Peric, Milan Savic. “Image coding algorithm based on Hadamard transform and simple vector quantization”, Multimedia Tools and Applications, DOI: 10.1007/s11042-017-4513-4 (2017), ISSN: 1380-7501 (M22). https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11042-017-4513-4?wt_mc=Internal.Event.1.SEM.ArticleAuthorOnlineFirst
4. Nikola Simic, Zoran Peric, Milan Savic. “Coding Algorithm for Grayscale Images Design of Piecewise Uniform Quantizer with Golomb–Rice Code and Novel Analytical Model for Performance Analysis”, Informatica, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 703-724, 2017, ISSN: 0868-4952, (M21) https://informatica.vu.lt/journal/INFORMATICA/article/868/info
5. Marko Smilic, Zoran Peric, Dejan Milic, Aleksandar Markovic, Milan Savic. “Influence of zero boresight and non-zero boresight pointing error on BER FSO transmission over Malaga atmospheric channel”, Optica Applicata, Vol. 48, Issue 2, pp. 179-188, 2018, ISSN: 0078-5466 (M23). http://opticaapplicata.pwr.edu.pl/files/pdf/2018/no2/optappl_4802p179.pdf
6. Aco Stevanovic, Stefan Panic, Petar Spalevic, Bojan Prlincevic, Milan Savic. “SSC Reception over Kappa-Mu Shadowed Fading Channels in the Presence of Multiple Rayleigh Interferers”, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 79-83, 2018, ISSN: 1392-1215, (M23). http://eejournal.ktu.lt/index.php/elt/article/view/20640/9350
7. Zoran Peric, Bojan Denic, Milan Savic, Vladimir Despotovic, “Desing and Analysis of Binary Scalar Quantizer of Laplacian Source with Applications”, Information, 11(11), 501, 2020 (M54) https://www.mdpi.com/2078-2489/11/11/501/htm
8. Zoran H. Perić, Milan S. Savić, Milan R. Dinčić, Dragan B. Denić, Momir R. Praščević. “Forward Adaptation of Novel Semilogarithmic Quantizer and Lossless Coder for Speech Signals Compression”, Informatica, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 375-391, 2010, ISSN: 0868-4952 http://www.mii.lt/informatica/htm/INFO798.htm (M21)
9. Milan S. Savić, Zoran H. Perić, Milan R. Dinčić. “Coding algorithm for grayscale images based on piecewise uniform quantizers”, Informatica, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 125-140, 2012, ISSN: 0868-4952 (M21) http://www.mii.lt/informatica/htm/INFO852.htm
10. Milan Savić, Zoran Perić, Milan Dinčić. “Design of Forward Adaptive Uniform Quantizer for Discrete Input Samples for Laplacian Source”, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, No. 9 (105), pp. 73-76, 2010, ISSN: 1392-1215 (M22) http://www.eejournal.ktu.lt/index.php/elt/article/view/9181/4516
Algorithms for image coding, Quantization, Neural network